8.06.2008

Sorry it has been SO long since I've been able to update... It's been a very busy summer and, sadly, I haven't been able to make a lot of cookies.




Last week I got a request from a friend who is a tattoo artist. I thought cookies as tattoo designs would be a ton of fun to make so I accepted the challenge. I used a newer recipe for these, which is quickly becoming the favorite around here =]




Cream Cheese Cut-Outs from karenscookies.net


1 cup butter
1 8-oz package cream cheese
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. almond extract
3 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder



Beat butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add sugar; beat until fluffy.

Add egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat well.

In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.

Add dry ingredients to cream cheese mixture; beat until well mixed.

Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.

Preheat oven to 375°. Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. (very large cookies may take longer to bake)






The first time I used this recipe I made Lemon-Drop Martinis, so I substituted lemon extract for the almond the recipe calls for. They were such a hit that lemon is the standard flavor I use for this recipe.

Both batches of cookies were decorated with Royal Icing.


2 comments:

Summersfam said...

Hi Nikki,

I love these cookies!! I'm sure they were a hit!

I subscribe to your blog, and when I saw a new post I rushed right over to see it. I was so surprised and pleased that you referenced my web site. I'm glad you like the cream cheese cutouts. They're good, aren't they?

Keep up the great work! Your cookies always inspire me to get to work in the kitchen!

Karen (at Karenscookies.net)

Kim said...

OK...I LOVE cream cheese, so I'll have to try these cookies. Your tattoo cookies are great!